• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Arthur Slater Bethnal Green area

Looking for a Arthur Slater who resided in Bethenal Green he joined the army in the second world war. He was a great friend of my Grandad who worked at the Essex Road school Bethnal as a caretaker. I have a photo taken in 1935 which includes Arthur. I am given to understand he passed away some years ago with cancer regards East End

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello and welcome to FHUK

A little more info if you have it would help us find the right Arthur.

Regards,

Dave

As Dave says, we need some more info to try and identify him.
This is a long shot

England & Wales, Death Index: 1916-2006

Arthur James Slater

Birth Date:7 Nov 1920
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1975
Age at Death: 54

Registration district: Poplar & Bethnal Green
Inferred County; Greater London

Volume:14 Page:1421

dave

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello Michael,

When you say "he passed away some years ago" do you have any idea at all if that is 5, 10, 25 years, or more, ago?

Anything else at all that you can add?

Regards,

Dave

Hi
You say he was a friend. I notice you have Slaters in your research names. Is he a relative? If he is dead, exactly what info are you looking for? Was he the same age as your g.dad, What age would he be in 1935. I presume about 20 in 1939

dave

No he is not a relative its just that all my aunties and uncles through the years mentioned him and I have this photo with 5 of the godfrey family and arthur the photo was taken in 1936 by my grandfather who would have been about 40. This photo was actualy given to me by my Uncle Reg some years ago before he died. Then my mother died 3 years ago and I found a further 3 photos with Arthur in it. I would like his family to have these photos as they more than likely have never seen them Regards Michael