• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Aussies to teach Poms how to play cricket "again"

duckweed

Loyal Member
I learnt that the first Test match ever was between the USA and Canada. Obviously the Americans decided the game was too slow for them, though I hear the number of immigrants from West Indies and India has got them more interested in cricket again.

oznannie

Loyal Member
Great day for England

Hi everyone :)
Yes England were brilliant today.
The Aussie bowlers had a little flurry but it didn't last.
I had thought after a miserable day Boxing Day, luck may be
with the Aussies, not so.
Ricky has been fined % match payments for his outburst.
He must be under so much pressure.
Love the Barmy Army, they sing win or lose, brilliant...
oznannie

JMR

Valued Member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Appleyard

Blimey Jill...what a tragic early life he had.
Seems he was destined to have a life full of highs and lows.
An interesting life....
Yes Lee, he certainly did. I was friends with his eldest daughter and remember very clearly when his son died from leukemia aged about 2. Some people get dealt the the worst hands, yet he was always a great person and generally a happy soul. I tried to get a copy of his book for my Dad, No Cowards Soul (I think that's what it was called) but it is out of print!

Jill

leefer

Loyal Member
http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=9780954488697

Hi Jill want me to get it and send it over....no problem?

If not tell your rellies WH Smith still have it in print...they are the cheapest(above link)
Amazon have it to.....they could get it and send it to you...as i said no probs if you want me to get it and send it on.............may get it myself...looks a good read.

Regards..Lee