• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Austin

AthenaLou

Robert Joseph Austin b abt 1864 married to Mary Smallwood in January 1902.
Robert was aged 37 on marriage cert. His fathers name was Thomas Austin and his occupation recorded as glassblower.
Cannot find any Robert or Thomas Austins on british census, bar 1 Thomas that is a glassblower, but he is in a hospital as a patient and doesnt give me any info other than name, born ireland, glassblower, and hes married. Doesnt state any info of address or wife's details. So its not that helpful.
Cannot find entry for birth for Robert either i got myself in a total tiz now!

:confused:

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Athenalou,

There is also another Thomas Austin born abt 1831 Waterford Ireland wife Ann
in 1881 (he is listed above the Thomas you found) who are on the 1871 census and have a son called Robert born abt 1859 St. Ch. Southwark. Other children are:-

Thomas
Mary
William
Alfred

Living in same house but seperate household is a family called Hoare with Francis Austin nephew.

Do these ring a bell?

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Found this birth for a Robert Austin 1866 St. George Southwark. The Robert on the 1871 could be Robert James Austin as there is a birth for that name registered in 1859 St George Southwark.

AthenaLou

hiya

i only know robert's fathers name b coz of marriage cert roberts full name was robert joseph austin as listed on marriage cert and on my nans birth cert

i'll have a look at 1881 cen 2moro having probs concentrating am exhausted had first course of treatment today for my illness took it out of me a bit :( ty julie ur a star :)