• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Back to my roots

My recent house move sees me living now (after other various locations) back in the village where I was born and one of the best things is being within yards of woodland (my birthplace was The Woodlands, hence my handle) where a variety of birds fly out from and visit local gardens - even the nasty natured but beautifully marked magpies are a joy to watch close at hand. Good to step back and enjoy the simple things in life, away from world affairs and mundane concerns that somehow pale into less importance :)

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
I'm back to where I was born too after being away more than 30 years. I'm back in the urban jungle instead of being in wildereness.

Good to see you back Woody. :)

gibbo

Loyal Member
I live no where near where i was born. Dont think i will go back and live there cause its to cold :rolleyes: I havent even been back there for holidays for more than 25 years but would like to do that one day for a visit.

I live no where near where i was born. Dont think i will go back and live there cause its to cold :rolleyes: I havent even been back there for holidays for more than 25 years but would like to do that one day for a visit.
Like you gibbo never going back,I was born in Sydney and raised in Glebe in a wonderfully named home for wafes and waywood boys. I've been back to see it, now its a bed and breakfast. I live on the highest point of the Great Dividing range in NSW in a very rural setting would never live in the city again.

Glen :biggrin:

I'm within a long stone's throw of my childhood home (or would be if I could aim straight :biggrin:) Our "lean-to" there is now a conservatory and that train of thought took me back to your project Glen - names of rooms. As a kid we had a parlour that's now a lounge and a lobby that's become a porch etc.
I'd love a peek at that assignment when you've done it. :)

I'm within a long stone's throw of my childhood home (or would be if I could aim straight :biggrin:) Our "lean-to" there is now a conservatory and that train of thought took me back to your project Glen - names of rooms. As a kid we had a parlour that's now a lounge and a lobby that's become a porch etc.
I'd love a peek at that assignment when you've done it. :)
Im just finishing my paper on a museum item and then I'll start the childhood one.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Woody has finally unhitched her caravan, and put the horses to pasture. Hooooray.:biggrin:

In all honesty Woody, I'd like to do them same.......but my caravan is still hitched up at the moment.:2fun:

Nice to see you back.:)

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
I have always lived in the area I grew up in near Great Yarmouth. I would never want to leave the area as it holds so many childhood memories. Always been treated at the same hospital, gone to the same home town and have Norwich as my home city.

leefer

Loyal Member
Like you gibbo never going back,I was born in Sydney and raised in Glebe in a wonderfully named home for wafes and waywood boys. I've been back to see it, now its a bed and breakfast. I live on the highest point of the Great Dividing range in NSW in a very rural setting would never live in the city again.

Didn't have many great memories as a young one if truth be told,but my time spent at The Limes Childrens Home in Stratton Swindon was a nice time.

I live 500 yards from the Limes these days.....nice to see you back WoolanderO0O0