• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Baptism / Marriage help needed please

gibbo

Loyal Member
I am looking for a baptism record for a George Gibson born March 1830 Middlesex England.
Parents were William and Susannah Gibson nee Hutchinson.
ALso looking for a marriage for William and Susannah.

I dont know when William or Susannah married but obviously before 1830 and as the other kids are unknown for now i dont know if George was first born or not.
Any help would be appriecated.

gibbo

nainmaddie

Loyal Member
Hi Gibbo
I have tried a search for Middlesex for George Gibson and failed
Also tried Middx Marriage register which was for 1764 and nothing else. The trouble is it falls just before the 1837 GRO indices.
That is why a lot of us have brick walls unless you happen to live in the right area and can view the local registers in person.

Maddie

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Gibbo
I have tried a search for Middlesex for George Gibson and failed
Also tried Middx Marriage register which was for 1764 and nothing else. The trouble is it falls just before the 1837 GRO indices.
That is why a lot of us have brick walls unless you happen to live in the right area and can view the local registers in person.

Maddie
Hi Maddie
Many thanks for having a look. Steve has been quietly helping me in the background [thanks steve] and still nothing. I know i will get through the brick wall, probably will have a headache from hitting my head on it tho. I have a funny feeling that i am missing something, overlooking something i already have??? anyway i will go through my papers again tomorrow and get hubby to have a read for a fresh set of eyes.

gibbo

susanwillis59

Valued Member
hi gibbo,found, thomas george gibson baptism 18 oct 1829 chatham kent .mother susanna father william. dont know if hes yours but pretty close.england and wales baptism records. suex

gibbo

Loyal Member
hi gibbo,found, thomas george gibson baptism 18 oct 1829 chatham kent .mother susanna father william. dont know if hes yours but pretty close.england and wales baptism records. suex
Hi Suex
thanks for that on George. i will have a look into it. William gibson died here in Queensland and i wrote to the birth death dept. hoping to be able to get his death cert. which will me a whole bunch of info but they cant help me until i can give them more info on him. I have also written away hoping to find them on a passenger list as at times it can give info on their ages and then i would idea of when William was born etc. but im still waiting to her from the archives on that one.

gibbo

susanwillis59

Valued Member
send us a bit more info and i will have a look for you. trouble is middlesex covers a large area of london,i got rellys in middlesex ,listed as london poplar and stepney. but they are from the same place also tower hamlets,ah these things are sent to try us.suex

gibbo

Loyal Member
send us a bit more info and i will have a look for you. trouble is middlesex covers a large area of london,i got rellys in middlesex ,listed as london poplar and stepney. but they are from the same place also tower hamlets,ah these things are sent to try us.suex
Hi Suex
The information i have is from the marriage cert. of George Gibson dated August 1856. George married in Queensland Australia. No problem there have found what i need on him. His marriage cert. states he was born in Ebington Middlesex. I have checked the cert. and Ebington is definately spelt lilke that so i think there may have been a error in how the person spelt it. It states his parents as William and Susannah Gibson nee Hutchinson and fathers occupation is noted as Jeweller. The reason i have been looking at the Middlesex area is that with George having been born there they may have married there or in that area?? On George's death cert. dated 1892 it states he had been in Australia for 52 years therefore the family would have come to Australia in or around the 1840 era. Besides William and Susannah been named on the marriage cert. they are a mystery. Not much to go on.

gibbo

nainmaddie

Loyal Member
Good morning Oz

I reading through your information again, I think that you should be trying Edmonton., on the second link that Steve gave you. Think of an idiot who can't spell and say Ebington to yourself and how they would write it down. They are very similar. They might have been having a little tipple !

Maddie

gibbo

Loyal Member
Good morning Oz

I reading through your information again, I think that you should be trying Edmonton., on the second link that Steve gave you. Think of an idiot who can't spell and say Ebington to yourself and how they would write it down. They are very similar. They might have been having a little tipple !

Maddie
Hi Maddie

I will try that. I also wrote to the state archives here to see if they have any medical records that have survived for George. A very big longshot but worth a try, if they do excist might have some old addresses, or some parents info and address, just something for me to work with. Probably depend on how far back the records go as to what would be on them.

gibbo

been lookin,but no ebington,tried every link i can think of.they always make spelling mistakes.checked my husbands immediate family he has 2 sisters and 2 brothers one of his brothers is listed in the records as keibb they are all willis,and that was in the 50s.talk about red herrings.have you tried the latter day saints website ,they have records going back to the 1300s i find all sorts on there and if i get stuck inearly always come up trumps,did look for you , but really need an accurate place of birth but lots of george gibsons in middlesex but its the area we need.but hope springs eternal so ya never know.ps am still lookin.suex

gibbo

Loyal Member
been lookin,but no ebington,tried every link i can think of.they always make spelling mistakes.checked my husbands immediate family he has 2 sisters and 2 brothers one of his brothers is listed in the records as keibb they are all willis,and that was in the 50s.talk about red herrings.have you tried the latter day saints website ,they have records going back to the 1300s i find all sorts on there and if i get stuck inearly always come up trumps,did look for you , but really need an accurate place of birth but lots of george gibsons in middlesex but its the area we need.but hope springs eternal so ya never know.ps am still lookin.suex
Hi Suex

I have checked the that site and cant find anything. As for William there are plenty of them but i dont know which one could be him if any are. I emailed a lady today who is researching the same family and she is willing to share with me what she has. Im waiting for her to get back to me, i asked if she had any info on William and Susannah as well. For now everyone i have contacted havent gotten passed this stage so fingers crossed. I also sent some more emails today and spent several hours looking and looking. sent my eyes silly it did:D Thanks for trying!!

gibbo

gibbo

Loyal Member
Spent the day emailing everything and everyone you all have suggested and added a few of my own so lets see what happens. Fingers Crossed!!
Thanks everyone!

gibbo

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Maddie

I will try that. I also wrote to the state archives here to see if they have any medical records that have survived for George. A very big longshot but worth a try, if they do excist might have some old addresses, or some parents info and address, just something for me to work with. Probably depend on how far back the records go as to what would be on them.

gibbo
UPDATE: Well no surviving medical records for George BUT they did inform me that they have a will for him so luck still on my side. Will be ordering that this week.

gibbo