• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Barbara Gold

emeltee

Loyal Member
In 1719 Barbara Gold married John Harrison in Grindon Staffordshire. According to the details on the marriage Licence he was 50 and she was 30 and from the Parish of Austenfield. I'm guessing the parish is Alstonefield.

The age gives a birth year of 1689 but there is not a baptism in Alstonefield around that time.

Can anyone find a baptism for Barbara circa 1689. She died in 1758 but no age is given.

Emeltee

emeltee

Loyal Member
Thanks Dave.

There are quite a few Gold/Gould families around the Staffs/Derbyshire area at that time but none of them have owned up to having a Barbara. The marriage has Mr John Harrison and Ms Barbara Gold so I'd guess they were reasonably well to do. He owned land in Cheshire as I have come across a lease for it on the National Archives. Also she is down as a spinster on the Marriage Licence so Gold is her maiden name, presumably.

Emeltee

Ladybird1300

Loyal Member
Staff member
There is a baptism for a girl in Derbyshire but no first name, it's in the select baptisms on Ancestry,

Name: Gold
Baptism Date: 9 Feb 1688
Baptism Place: Hope, Derbyshire, England
Father: Gulielmi Gold
Mother: Mariae

Amanda