• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Barnardos historical photos ..

A vital resource and one that must be saved from destruction. Why not sell the collection to further their charitable cause?

I have signed the petition and urge you all to do the same

dochines

Because petitions do not work.

However, to my knowledge a number of companies have shown interest in preserving the original photos.

It should also be pointed out about a week ago "A decision on the final destination of the archives once digitisation is complete has not yet been made..."

Cheers
Guy

Petitions don't work...big statement that i reckon.

They do in a lot of cases Guy.

In a lot of cases a good petition is the difference between a positive or negative outcome in a certain event.

http://www.frogloop.com/care2blog/2...es-got-it-wrong-about-internet-petitions.html

They do in a lot of cases Guy.

In a lot of cases a good petition is the difference between a positive or negative outcome in a certain event.
I agree with that Leefer.
It usually works that the most vocal "groups" swing the argument.
Often those in the positions of decission makers have no idea what the general opinion of the population is on a given matter, especially matters not in "the headlines".

Because petitions do not work.

However, to my knowledge a number of companies have shown interest in preserving the original photos.

It should also be pointed out about a week ago "A decision on the final destination of the archives once digitisation is complete has not yet been made..."

Cheers
Guy

I have to disagree with you about the petitions Guy :biggrin:

However thank you for letting us know there are companies out there that have shown a interest. Its good to know that these photos are going to be saved by the sounds of it cause i cant see them been dumped/destroyed if a home can be found for them.

I got a email from Care Leavers Australia Network last night about this so spreading here in Australia and yes I did sign it.

Glen :biggrin:

Back