• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

BASIC = Unsophisticated

gibbo

Loyal Member
BASIC = Unsophisticated :rolleyes: Yet why is getting something "basic" so damn hard :confused:

Went to buy a new DVD player and they were going on about different sorts. Told them i just wanted something basic, got no kids or grandkids to help us so we need something we can turn on and use. Well we bought the most basic one they had and still had to ring them when we couldnt get it to play redf) All good now with the help of a patient man on the other end of the phone :biggrin:

Now the fridge. To me fridges should be "small", "medium", or "large" Told them i wanted a medium size fridge but they come back at me with litre sizes etc. That did my head in so i walked around until i found the size i wanted without the help of knowing the litres etc of it. Explaining litres to me was a huge waste of time :rolleyes:

Last edited:

g d cooper

Loyal Member
Sounds like my first computer! the first shop went on &on about all this tec stuff. I had no idea what he was talking about, but he was very excited about meaty bits for some reason. After a good lay down and a Bex I headed off to a new shop the 12-year-old behind the counter started the meaty bits stuff and stopped and asked, you have no idea what I'm talking about do you. Me not a clue! So we restart what do you want to do use it for. I tell him family history. He tells me I need that one with this thingy and one of those. I still shop there and have told all my 60 something friends who to see. He doses a roaring trade and no question too stupid I know this from first-hand experience.

Glen :2fun:

gibbo

Loyal Member
Yeah Glen computer talks does my head in to. When we first arrived here i went to a shop and told them i wanted to set up a pre paid thingy for the internet. She was talking dongles etc. I must have looked dumbfounded and totally confused. In my language a dongle thingy is a pre paid mobile moderm thingy :rolleyes: Anyway i bought what she said i needed, went back to mum and dad's told my sister to set it up and call me when she got it sorted :rolleyes: I wasnt touching that alien thing :eek: She showed me how to use it, and im all good with it now :rolleyes:

g d cooper

Loyal Member
Hi gibbo like anything new, learn the language first always helps. I was sure they were saying meaty bite's and could not understand what the connection was between dog food and computer.

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi gibbo like anything new, learn the language first always helps. I was sure they were saying meaty bite's and could not understand what the connection was between dog food and computer.

:2fun::2fun::2fun:

They must get a good laugh at times out of the likes of us :biggrin:

Bootzy

Loyal Member
hey, you should try buying one of those new GPS's .. thats a giggle when better half is demanding one that knows where its going and stuff, not used to having to keep it updated
but then... thats when the fun starts for me cos being self taught trying to find the update :confused:
(email says I have one and click here da dah..) do and then all this tech stuff happens, all I want is the flipping update and not taking a survey on how happy I am with the blo... product especially after being sent off on some doozy roads, thank god I had an idea of where I was and managed to avoid some dead ends (not good with a 29 foot caravan on the back and no where to turn around).:2fun:

Haven't had notification of latest update yet and know it needs one - going to be fun now I'm on Windows 10..:eek:
Val

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
leefer FHUK General Chat Room (off topic) 1
leefer FHUK General Chat Room (off topic) 5
C Genealogy Beginners Help 1