• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Beaton/mclean Marriage?

Can anyone find a marriage for Donald Beaton & Mary McLean on 19th October 1858 in Glasgow. They quote this date & place on their childrens birth certs. It is possible that they were never married of course, but I'm hoping its a spelling mistake thats stopping me finding it on ScotlandsPeople. During my search so far I have found them called Beatson, Beatton & Beoton, Mary is also MacLean.

nainmaddie

Loyal Member
Hi Bearger

I have also checked the Scottish records for you, and came up with nothing.

I also checked the English marriages between 1857 - 1860 and nothing came up.

If it is any help to you, I have also failed to find my grandparents birth, I still try but I cannot find it. They did have the same surname !!

Maddie

Hi Bearger

I have also checked the Scottish records for you, and came up with nothing.

I also checked the English marriages between 1857 - 1860 and nothing came up.

If it is any help to you, I have also failed to find my grandparents birth, I still try but I cannot find it. They did have the same surname !!

Maddie
Maddie,
Thanks very much for trying. Looking like they never married.