• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Beginners Help (Arnold)

Shastus

Hi the family I'm trying to trace is mine Arnold. My Parents names Keith Arnold and Elsie Forrester, my Dads Parents Samual Arnold (Born 1905) and Hilda Arnold nee Stevens, My G-Grandads parents were William Arnold and Martha Arnold nee Greenhalgh they were married in December 1884 registered at Barton on Irwell all lived Swinton/Pendlebury area of Manchester. My Mums Parents were John Forrester and Elsie Forrester nee Corbett from the same area as above. John Forresters parents were from Scotland all I know is he too was called John Forrester. this is all I know so far. Help Needed.
Thanks Shastus

Hi Shstus

You nearly got it, but your post is in the chat room.

If you select your post, click EDIT, then block in your post and copy, you can then paste it in the correct forum. (save writing it out again)

look at the bottom right of this screen. there is a box marked Forum Jump, click on the arrow, then select the forum you want, in your case Genealogy beginners help. You can then paste your question there.

EDIT - YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THIS NOW AS P.RISBOY HAS KINDLY MOVED YOUR THREAD TO THE BEGINNERS HELP FORUM
dave

Last edited:
hi,,,Lancashire bmd have the marriage record,,so now you know the church,,,if you needed the details on the marriage ,,such as fathers names and occupations,,,this can be looked at at the city library in manchester:)

Lancashire Marriage indexes for the years: 1884
Surname Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Church / Register Office Registers At Reference
GREENHALGH Martha ARNOLD Wiliam ,,Swinton,, St Peter,, Salford C10/2/282

Hi

Your Arnold line is on these census returns

1871 RG10 2951 154 36
1881 RG11 3879 25 43
1891 RG12 3150 92 58
1901 RG13 3655 63 58

marriages
1 -William Arnold to Martha Greenhaigh - Dec qtr 1884 Barton upon Irwell
13 children, 5 died by 1910
2 -Samuel Arnold to Hilda Stevens - Mar qtr 1926 Salford ref 8d 381
6 children
3 - Keith Arnold to Elsie Forrester - Dec qtr 1955 Barton ref 10b 398
3 children
If you have difficulty finding any of these records, let me know.

dave

Shastus

Hi Thank You for helping me with correct placement of thread and thank you for setting me in the right direction with family tree will follow these up and let you know how I go on.
Thanks Again Shastus