• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Bertha Carter

Jill01

From
England
Hi, I hope someone can help me with another block in my family history research.

I am trying to find out when one of my ancestors died. Bertha Carter was born Bertha Deakin in Sheffield in 1882, she married Thomas Henry Hall in 1913and married again in 1949 to Charles Henry Carter. When she was with Thomas she lived in Micklebring in Yorkshire and when she married Henry she moved to Braithwaite in Yorkshire where Henry already lived.

I can't find Bertha's death at all, I have tried under all three surnames and nothing is coming up. She isn't buried in any of the family graves that I have already traced. Can anyone help me at all.

Regards

Jill

Hi Jill,

Came acroos this one, year of birth is one year out.

Year 1974

Bertha Carter
DOB 7 Mar 1889
District Cleveland

Last edited:
Hi Julie, thanks for this but Bertha was born in 1882 so I don't think this record will be linked. Thanks for looking anyway.

Regards

Jill

Hi Jill,

I have only looked for Bertha in the county of Yorkshire and came up with the Bertha in my other post. Her death may have been registered in another county. What was the registration district that Henrys death was registered in?

Hi Julie, Charles Henry's death was registered in Doncaster in 1965. I am assuming this is the correct death entry for him as its the only one that fits with his date of birth.

Regards

Jill

Hi Dave, thanks for that, it could be a possibility. I don't have relatives in Louth but Bertha and Charles could have moved there and then he could have gone back to Doncaster if he died after Bertha. It may be worth ordering the death cert to see if it is Bertha.

Regards

Jill

Hi
there is a death in Louth Lincs in 1959 aged 78

dave

Hi Dave, just to let you know this is the right record. I ordered the certificate and it came today. It is my Bertha. She still lived at Braithwell when she died but she did die in Louth so thank you for that or I would have missed this record and maybe overlooked it with it being Louth.

Back