• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Best Films?

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Mine are:

Titanic
Rambo
Mrs Doubtfire
Braveheart
Rocky
Terminator

6 of my fave films although if I was to choose 1 I would go for Titanic.

Ben

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Mine are:-

Zulu.
History of Mr.Polly.
Battle of the Bulge.
Das Boot.
Dirty Dancing.
Forrest Gump
The Green Mile
The 'Bourne' trilogy of films

The list could go on Ben, but I like certain films for different reasons.:)

Steve.:)

Ellie

Loyal Member
I like the history of Mr Polly too, I also liked John Mills in 'Hobson's Choice'.I enjoyed titanic too. One of my favourites is called "somewhere in time" - Christopher reeve & Jane Seymour.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Some of my favourites are:-

LA Confidential
A Taste of Honey
Saturday Night, Sunday Morning

I'm not into vampire films but do like these two.

Dracula with Gary Oldman
Interview with a Vampire

leefer

Loyal Member
One flew over the Cuckoos Nest(all time fave)
Gladiator
Plains,Trains and Automobiles.
Analyze This.
The Good the Bad and the Ugly.
Bad Santa.

Any Laurel and Hardy:)

tranquil9903

I could watch these over and over(and did:))

Homeward Bound 1&2
Far from home-The adventures of Yellow Dog
Dirty Dancing
Stepmom
Braveheart
My Life
and anything with John Wayne or Robin Williams

tranquil9903

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen the movie "All mine to give".It was made in 1957 but the story takes place in the 1860's.If you like older movies that make you laugh,cry and think then check it out:).

ianto73

Valued Member
I'm biased in that for me "ZULU" was one of the best. It made Michael Caine a star. Also because of 'the local welsh connection', it is commemorated back home in Ferndale, Rhondda. Did you know that the cattle used in the film was given to the Zulus after the film was finished so that Stanley Baker and the management team could get round the apartheid laws regarding wages for the Zulus - FACT!
There were many epic films that I liked and the list is endless so I won't bore you all with them.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
I watched 'The Colour Purple' a few nights ago. Good movie.:)

I saw it years ago, and liked it then.

Zulu I have on disc.:) The first film I ever went to see.........with my Mum of course.

Steve.:)

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Always liked Rambo and we hear of John's father in the 4th film from 2008.

In Rambo First Blood in 1982 John Rambo is by then an ex army Vietnam vet drifter, a hobo looking for old army mates, so we were left to assume he had nothing and no one as his old colonel Trautman said "he is the closest thing to family John has left" yet in the last Rambo in 2008 John mentions his father may still be alive and right at the end he goes to his father R Rambo's horse ranch in Arizona. I think John probably was estranged from his father for several decades since perhaps before the Vietnam war and in First Blood Trautman probably meant he was the closest thing to family John has that he has contact with. I think in First Blood John probably would rather remain a drifter and hobo rather than get back in touch with his dad again after the Vietnam War. In Rambo 4 John says his dad may still be alive and by then John was 60 so his father must have been 80 odd. And that may have made him think he is still a son rather than the drifter he had been since 1970ish.

Littlemo

Shame on you allredf) How can no one have mentioned the 7 Harry Potter
films. Last week my Grandson and I went to see Deathly Hallows Part 2 and we were both bereft coming out of the cinema at the thought that there will be no more Harry Potter:'( Wonderful Books,Wonderful Films and Well Done JK Rowling for keeping the cast British and staying true to the booksO0 I don't know who has enjoyed all these the most, Moi,My Son,or Grandsons:)