• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

bigamists and court files

hi
wondering if anyone could help me i didnt know my grandfather( john george stoker) as he was a bigamist he married my grandmother under the name as john wilkinson (in london in 1929) i cant find out much about him i know he was taken to court in january 1935 in bishop auckland for bigamy but dont know what happened after that i was told he was in a mental home called st lukes, in middlesbrough he originally came from crook co durham and was born in 1905-06 i know his parents names but nothing about him

familyman

hi
wondering if anyone could help me i didnt know my grandfather( john george stoker) as he was a bigamist he married my grandmother under the name as john wilkinson (in london in 1929) i cant find out much about him i know he was taken to court in january 1935 in bishop auckland for bigamy but dont know what happened after that i was told he was in a mental home called st lukes, in middlesbrough he originally came from crook co durham and was born in 1905-06 i know his parents names but nothing about him

i noticed your researching MILLS do you have a milles/neale marrage link in your tree?