• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Bindley family

Ladybird1300

Loyal Member
Staff member
Recently I've discovered one of my ancestors was born out of wedlock. The father's name was Charles Bindley b 1803 Nuneaton Warwickshire and decribeed as a conman occupation Ribbon weaver. I'm trying to track the families movements at the moment, but there are some annomilies. Charles married Catherine Malpas (also from Nueaton) 1822 St James Clarkenwell they had two sons there Charles and Thomas James.

Elizabeth Nixon was made a widow in 1822 but she had a daughter in 1826 the father was Charles Bindley. Elizabeth must have gone to the parish for help in 1830 as this is recorded in the London Settlement records.

After this Charles and Catherine were found in Norwich where they had more children. I'm looking for a death for Catherine because Charles is with an Ellen back in London in 1851 with a son William, but I have a feeling she may still be alive at this point.

I'm looking for Charles in the 1841 census, I'm wondering if he is the one living with an Elizabeth?? Is there a marriage for him to Ellen??

This is getting a bit complicated now, so I would like to get the story straight.

Many Thanks

Amanda