• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Birth Anthony Czerwinski

jen2

Valued Member
Looking for a birth for Anthony Czerwinski. Born about 1880 Kleesaw, Porsta, Poland. He married Stanislawa Motchesco. I do not know when he arrived in England but have them on the 1911 English Census.

Jenny

oznannie

Loyal Member
For the peeps who may help, in 1911 they had been married 11 yrs. 4 children 3 living. Eldest Josephine is 10 born South Bank Yorks along with 2 younger kiddies. Their parents birthplaces in Poland has to be sus, no such places in Google, another transcription error you would think??
Good luck Jen2

Hi
I think there seems to be doubt about the birthplaces of the children. The 1911 census gives Josephine, Leon and Mary, with a birth place of South Bank, Middlesbrough. There is one child missing who I presume was Peter. There does not seem to be any birth records for the children except for Mary o/d 1909 Middlesbrough 9d 613. As no marriage record is found for Anthony, could this mean the children except Mary were born in Poland
On 1911 census apart from the birth place it gives Anthony and Stanislawa as 'resident Ger (German?)Pole' and the children as 'same as parents'
There are death records which give birth years Josephine b1901 d1925 - Leon b1905 d1976 - and a Lily b1906 d 1980 Don't know where she came from, but no Peter

Kleesaw does not appear to be a proper place in Poland (Google) Looks like Klusew but that's not a place either

EDIT - I see there are a few trees at least one being yours. I also see they use the name Brown and a birth place of Glasgow - may explain why they are not on the English records

Last edited: