• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Birth certificate help!

Hi everyone,
I have just received my 2x great grandfather s birth certificate and I was expecting some more information.
I assumed from the GRO index that no father was listed so knew not to expect that however I have no idea who the informant was or where they were living as the address just says 'west vale' which is a village in Halifax/Elland.
It's nice to have his mother's name but I just feel a bit disappointed to have more questions than when I started.
Can anyone help me and advise me where to go next ? I would like to find out who Ben Whiteley the informant was but i don't really have any information on him Screenshot_20181122-145744__01.jpg

emeltee

Loyal Member
In the 1861 Census there is a Benjamin Whiteley, 36 Carter and his wife Sarah and family living in West Vale. By 1871 they had moved to Stainland Road, Elland. Looks like he may just have been a good neighbour.

Emeltom