• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Birth Certificates 1860's UK

I am at a stumbling block at present as I am unable to find accurate bith information for my grandfather George William Enguell born either late 1862 or 1863 I believe these dates to be accurate as I have a copy of a memorial card for his death 3/10/1939 which states his age as 76 at time of death.
I have searched freebdm from 1860 to 1870 the only register is for a George William ENGWELL : ENGWELL George William Maldon 4a 1[8_][9_] unfortunately the entry is not readable. Do you know if I am able to obtain a copy of the bith certificate with only a partial reference? Also do you know what information was recorded on the certificates at the time eg. parents names and/or siblings names. What is the best avenue to take to obtain a British birth certificate from my loaction, Australia?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Julie

Hmmmmmmmm.....I do have that address to find what you are looking - I have gotten a few few. I will look in my files to find out that information. Might now be right away however. But, I know I have i,.

susiesf

Hi Julie

You can purchase certificates through this site using a credit/debit card - www.1837online.com

I searched on Ancestry and the full reference for George William ENGWELL is Set Qtr 1862 Maldon 189.

A birth certificate will show both parents names and mother maiden name, address and date of birth. No siblings I'm afraid.

Might these be yours as well: Charles James ENGWELL Mar Qtr 1863 Maldon 3b 473, Henry ENGWELL Sep Qtr 1861 Maldon 4a 201 & William ENGWELL Maldon 4a 200

Hope I have helped.

Sue

Back