• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Birth Record - Francis Bradley

Hi i wonder if anybody could help,i recently applied for a birth certificate for Francis Bradley born 1841 Kidderminster. They said they searched between 1840 and 1842 but could not find the birth.On all the census i have checked says birth 1841 Kidderminster could the census be wrong three or four times.I have just sent of for the marriage certificate maybe that will show different. Many thanks Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Birth Record

Francis Bradley

England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975

christening: 5 February 1841 St. George, Kidderminster, Worcester, England
residence: Kidderminster, Worcester, England
parents:Margaret Bradley

Margaret also has another child on 1841 census, John aged 2. He appears to be recorded on freeBMD although Francis isn't. There is a Samuel born in j/m 1841 in Kidderminster. I wonder if this is him, either a mistake or he has a 2nd name
It would appear he may have been born out of wedlock.

dave

Yes he should still have been registered. His fathers name was not given on his christening record. This could be because his father was not known, or he was known but was not married. The father is not recorded on the 1841 census, so was he away, ie at sea or was he not married to Margaret. You would think their marriage if there was one would have been after registration began in the Sep quarter of 1837, but I can't find one.

Having said that, there is a tree which gives his father as George 1825 and a birth date of 1/12/1840. It does not give where this info has come from

dave

this is the George which the tree gives as Francis's father. If correct he would have been only 16 in 1841

George Gower Bradley

England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975

christening: 13 May 1825 Kidderminster, Worcester, England
residence: Kidderminster, Worcester, England
parents:Thomas Bradley, Mary