• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Births

Iam looking for a Mark slade,born in plymouth about 1954 within a few years either way.He was the elder member of brothers and sisters .[not surehow many] His father was called John slade i think,Dont remember his mothers name.Any help appicated as i beleve he may have died in the 1990s . possably not in Devon .

Thanks .I was looking for a mark although he was called marcus i had a feeling that it was because he like the fact it was more posh and was cristend mark?[Possably ?]Is ther any brother /sister for that family they would be younger .poss 2 or 3 if i can remmeber.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
The birth index gives name, year, mothers maiden name (from Jun/Jul/Sept 1/4 1911 onwards, before that no mothers maiden name is shown), district, vol no page no and the 1/4 when registered. There are four quarters

1. Jan/Feb/Mar
2. Apr/May/Jun
3. Jul/Aug./Sept
4. Oct/Nov/Dec

So if born January then the birth should be registered in the first 1/4, if born at the end of a month eg Mar then the birth could be registered in either that 1/4 of the next.

Bubble Boy Ancestry have a free 14 day trial which would enable you to view these plus census records. See link below.

http://www.ancestry.co.uk/