• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

    Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.


If he was born after 1864 you should be able to find a civil registration entry. The indexes can be viewed at the GRO's research room in Dublin for a fee. A cheaper option would be your local LDS Family History Center who would be able to order (if they don't already have them) microfilms of all the indexes plus most of the registers. They may make a small charge.

Bear in mind that he may not have had a double 'p' back then.

Obviously if you can pin down the date more closely you'll have an easier time of it!

Good luck.