• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Boatmen, Watermen, Mariners

Was also directed to above link via l/pool maritime museum. Accessed A-Z of master mariners however letters T,W have not been transcribed/added at this time. My query was re a Thomas Williams master mariner (seas) aged 66 and living in runcorn in1901 census. Am currently exploring several branches/names hence I can wait a while and access info at a later date.Thanyou Steve, regards Dave.

Hi Dave

I see that you live in Merseyside. It is worth taking a look in Freedom Rolls and Apprentice Records for that area. I have just found a whole list of my Gills in Kent in above records. They were all Mariners, until they took up shipbuilding.

Aladin's cave !! I should be able to sort out a whole generation of brothers and their fathers from that. Worth a try anyway.

Maddie

Back