• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Boer War Queries

Hi Louise,

Sounds good, would love to see the photo's.

Our connection is through your great grandmother Irene Thring, who married Norman Rhodes, who is my grand uncle.

1. So far I have Alfred Lester Thring's father as also an Alfred, his mother as Mary Ann Baker.

2. Alfred's father as Samuel J Thring, married twice. His first wife (and Alfred's mother) I don't have her name. Samuel's second wife was Elizabeth Treleaven-Abbot.

3. After that I am not 100% sure. But I do have Samuel's father also as a Samuel and his mother as Sarah Day.
4. And Samuel Thrings father as a James Thring and his mother as a Susanna.

5. Do you have the above in your tree. If you don't let me know and I will give you dates as well. If you do, can you confirm points 2 & 3 for me, are they correct? And do you know the name of Samuel J Thrings first wife?

6. Is your family tree connected to Ancestry.com? I have had a lot of my successes searching this site.

My email address is ******* you can send me a photo there.

EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED AS PER SITE POLICY
This is for your own security. Contact details can be swapped via the private message system if you with to do so

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Peter
Hi Peter,
The info you have on the Thring family is really informative. I would like to exchange info. I too, am descended from the Thring family of Stanger.
Thanks.
Lionel