• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Born 1833 Ireland - Hagan - where?

Hi Denise,

Thank you for publishing the census for Owen and Mary Hogan. According to my calculations, he is the 3rd great grandfather of my wife Janie (Grobe) Wegner. The note that his son Dennis was heading to Milwaukee with his wife Eliza (Elizabeth Mary Wise) was the clincher.

My wife is descended from their son, Walter John Hogan (great grandfather) who lived in the Milwaukee and Green Bay areas of Wisconsin.

If you or anyone else has additional information on the Hogan or Wise surnames, I would appreciate any inputs. I have a fair amount of information covering Dennis and his family after they immigrated to the US that I can share with anyone researching his tree.

Thank you,
Allen

Hi Allen

Excellent, I'm really glad that this has been useful for someone, I said I hoped it would be :)

I don't think it is to do with my family though, but you never know!

Hopefully this will lead on to further information for you.

All the best :)

Denise

Back