• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Break down brick walls!

ptjw7

Loyal Member
Reading some advice on the web about breaking down genealogical brick walls was brought home to me yesterday with a vengeance.
The web page said that most of the information is usually already in your own files, sort of cant see the wood for the trees as it were!!

My great grandfather, Joseph Walton was married 3 times. His second wife Julia Sinfield(DeCoursey, a widow) had 6 children but I could never find them in the 1881 census(or my GGF)
I tried finding marriages for the 3 youngest girls and found all 3, weel I thought I had them but just wasnt sure until I actually read the marriage records and looked at the addresses on the record!!
What a revellation. The eldest of the 3 girls was married at the same address used in the 1881 marriage of my GGF and Julia Sinfield.
The other 2 girls had the same address as my GGF had in the 1891 census, what a small world.
Whilst these are not really relatives of mine other than but marriage it helps to fill in some gaps.

It also shows just how much information is on records that we dont often realise!!
So I would recommend just going over the info you already have you just never know!!

Peter:D:D:D

Last edited: