• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Brian from Cardiff

Bricos

Hi to you all

My name is Brian, I was born in a pub in Tiger Bay, Cardiff (for those of you old enough to remember this was where Shirly Bassey came from). I expect as you read the last sentence you had twenty questions come to mind.:biggrin:

I'm very new to geneaolgy and forums. I look forward to hearing from you.

Brian

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Brian,

Welcome to the forum. I have Davies with a connection with Donovan's from Cardiff. Funnily enough I was thinking the other day, having 2 lucky breaks with my Davies would it be 3rd time lucky?

Post your queries on the relevant boards, and am sure we can be of help.

sterico

Loyal Member
Hi Brian welcome to the FHUK forums, I see you are from my favorite singers neck of the woods, oh what a singer!!!! as Julie has said we are only to pleased to have you in the group, we hope you enjoy your research, and any help you require just post on the apropriate forum and we will do our best to answer your questions. Best Regards StericoO0

Bricos

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome.

Unfortunately I don’t think any research I do will help you w ith your Davies and Donovan links as Davies is on my wifes side of the family and hails from Pembroke Dock. Donovan is my grandmothers’ maiden name and I believe is from County Wexford.

So a link between those two branch’s as far as your research is concerned might be to much to hope for.

Anyway thanks again for the welcome and I'm sure we'll be talking again soon when I post my problems in the right places.

Brian

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Brian,

Oh well perhaps not 3rd time lucky, although my Charles Davies originally came from Pembrokshire, Llanstadwell/Waterson, also he was a shipwright.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 Marriages 11
horse Deaths 5
horse Marriages 2
I Genealogy Beginners Help 5
B FHUK General Chat Room 4
DaveHam9 Deaths 6