• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Brickwall repeat

woodlander

Valued Member
Periodically I search for the birth/baptism/parentage of my gt. gt. grandfather Robert Livesey.

According to census and age references he was born in Blackburn area of Lancashire c 1805.
He first married Jane Parkinson and his 2nd wife is my direct relative. She was Mary Sharrock/Shorrock and on their marriage certificate Robert's father is listed as also named Robert Livesey, a shoemaker.
From my notes:-

Event: first marriage to Jane Parkinson 27 Feb 1827 at Leyland
Children by Jane are Henry b1828 and Robert b1834

Marriage: 19 Feb 1827 St Andrew, Leyland, Lancashire, England
Robert Livesay - Bachelor of Leyland
Jane Parkinson - (X), Spinster of Leyland
Witness: James Carter, (X); ? ?
Married by Banns by: Thomas Rowlandson Curate
Notes: [Second witness name cut off on film]
Register: Marriages 1822 - 1831, Page 163, Entry 489
Source: LDS Film 93953

1841 census Euxton HO107 526 10 8 -
LIVESEY Robert 40 cotton weaver born Lancashire
LIVESEY Jane 45 born Lancashire
LIVESEY Henry 13 ag labourer born Lancashire
LIVESEY Robert 8 born Lancashire

A Jane Livesey was buried at Euxton 20th September 1844 but (wrongly?)listed as age 4

Death ref 1844 Lancs BMD LIVESEY Jane age 47 sub district Leyland LEY/3/78
Death ref Free BMD:: Sep Qtr 1844 Jane Livesey Sep Qtr Chorley 21 p210

Marriage certificate details [cert filed] 26 Nov 1850
Robert Livesey full age Widower labourer of Euxton father Robert Livesey shoemaker to Mary Shorrock full age Spinster of Euxton father William Shorrock labourer witnesses Richard Walmsley & Margaret Shorrock

I have him with his own sons, stepchildren and daughters from 2nd marriage through all census returns where he is listed as collier's labourer;plasterer's labourer and general labourer.

Death and burial:-

Death ref: March Qtr 1889 Chorley volume 8e page 385 Robert Livesey age 83 years

Burial: 16 Jan 1889 Parish Church, Euxton, Lancashire, England
Robert Livesey -
Abode: Euxton
Register: Burials 1855 - 1900, Page 87, Entry 693
Source: LDS Film 1526079

I afford part of the time when I visit LRO to searching parish records for him but no luck as yet. The nearest I have come to a wife for shoemaker Robert is a Mary on some baptismal records but can't fit the child's age. *There is also an Elizabeth Livesey widow, in Euxton on census I have tried to fit as his mother - his first daughter was christened Elizabeth - but no proof of that.
*Oops sorry - that should be Mary with daughter Elizabeth age 60 and 25 in 1841
Grateful for any help but this branch has been my stumbling block since I began around 10 years ago so no rush :rolleyes:
Thanks for any help :)

Last edited: