• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Bryce (Surname), Downham Market, Norfolk (Avalon Guest House) 1970's

E. Christine Bryce (spouse Robert?) was the proprietor of a Bed & Breakfast named "Avalon Guest House", located on Church Road, Downham Market. My parents (from Canada) stayed there in the early '70's and learned there may be family connection. I am anxious to make contact with a member of this family, who may be able to provide the answer to a 160 year old mystery.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Footloose,

I found this death registration for a Ellen Christine Bryce date of birth 4 Jan 1937, year 1989, district Kings Lynn, inferred county Norfolk. Also this death registration for a Robert Bryce date of birth 25 March 1935, died Aug 1996, district Kings Lynn inferred county Norfolk. Dont know if these are the people you mentioned or if they are connected to each other?.

Sorry for the delay in responding, Julie. I was travelling over the holiday. Thank- you so very much for the information you provided! This appears to be the first break we've had in tracing this family. We would now like to locate any relatives. Does the documentation indicate who registers a death, or in the case of a married female, what her maiden name was?

Best wishes for a Happy New Year!
Carole

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Carole,

There will be a name who registers the death, but no guarantees who it might be.
No maiden name would be given for spouse, but it might give 'wife of' or 'spouse of'....etc.
The amount of information on a death cert, depends on who gives it and what they know of the deceased person.
There could be a lot, or very little.

Steve.:)