• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Bullivant and Bearpark Sheffield

duckweed

Loyal Member
I'm trying to work out which parents my Dennis Bullivant has. I have 2 possible Dennis Bullivants born within a year of each other. One says parents are Harry Bullivant and Hesther Annie Newsome. The other says that his parents are Bullivant and Bearpark. Both Dennis Bullivants were born in Sheffield about 1916 ,1918. What I can't find is a marriage between a Bullivant and a Bearpark either Rotherham or Sheffield. Can Anyone find them as I don't want to send for 2 birth certificates.

gedcom

There is the possibility that Bearpark was a widow, in which case her children's birth registrations would be under her maiden name, but her marriage would be registered under her previous married name - so Bullivant may have married a .....? maiden name Bearpark.

Does not help or make life easy I know.

Gedcom

duckweed

Loyal Member
All I know is my husband's father said he had a cousin Dennis who was born in the 1830s. Information seems to imply that Dennis's father was also named Dennis.
The Newsome Bullivant connection doesn't seem to make sense so I'm betting on the Bearpark Bullivant connection. There are a number of Bullivant Bearpark children whose names seem to sound familiar to my husband. If I knew which Bullivant married a Bearpark I would know if I was correct.

duckweed

Loyal Member
It shouldn't be them. Certainly not connected to my husbands family as there is no Arthur of marrying age then. If they are the other couple then I have got problems as neither couple will connect to my husbands family. Maybe I've got the wrong Dennis junior. Found out there are 2 possible Dennis Bullivants one in the 30s and one in the 40s.