• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Burgin Family

Nanaki

James Burgin was born in 1844 and married to his wife Hannah Bestwick born in 1850 and my search for their kids thru the censuses. They had William Burgin 1871 (my ancestor), Frank Burgin 1874, Mary Burgin 1876 and Elizabeth Burgin 1877.

After I made a contact to one of members on other site (genesreunited) to check out what their relation to my family etc which was matched. At one point, the person said had a look at 1911 census someone had noted that down that James and Hannah had married for 42 years and had 17 children, 4 children living and 13 children died.

I was like whoa! Where 13 children had gone? I did double search on Ancestry to make sure that I havent missed anything but still 4 children i can see on censuses. I dont know if I am allowed to give the link to 1911 census on here?

I think it could be either that mother had lot of miscarriages or kids died or up for adoption? But I dont have any clues!!

What is your advice on this?

Lisa