• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Burma- birth/death Gibb- help/advice reqired

My grandfather, James Rosenfeld Gibb was born in Burma in 1901. His father was James, an engineer, and mother was Jane Carter Gibb (nee Younger).I am not sure when James snr and Jane originally left for Burma but they returned to UK, with James jnr, on the Prinzess Alice arriving in Southampton on 25th April 1911 and believed to go back to Linlithgow area where they had previously lived. Family story is James snr then returned and died a couple of years later, leaving debts behind in the UK and his estate being sequistrated. I have proof of their ship journey in 1911 and proof of all the sequistration legal matters between 1913 and 15. I can not find any details of James jnr's birth, or of James snrs death. I also cant find any details of their original trip to Burma or indeed James and Janes marraige details.

James jnr went on to marry in 1931 and passed away in Glasgow 1984 and Jane died in Glasgow 1945.

This is a real family mystery and would be so happy if someone can point me in the right directions, or be honest with me and let me know if finding any more info than I have is a lost cause. Best wishes to you all, Andy