• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Burrows burials

Help! My great grandfather Samuel Burrows lived Worfield died Bridgnorth 1898
My great grandmother Sarah Burrows nee Lewis lived Worfield died Worfield 1895....I have looked everywhere for burial records for these two but have drawn a line...I looked around the churchyard but only found their youngest son,John Lewis ,in the 'overflow' cemetery at the top of the village
Any ideas?
Thanks !:confused:

My great grandmother Sarah Burrows nee Lewis lived Worfield died Worfield 1895....I have looked everywhere for burial records for these two but have drawn a line...I looked around the churchyard but only found their youngest son,John Lewis ,in the 'overflow' cemetery at the top of the village
Any ideas?
Someone will try to help you, they are a friendly bunch here.

Anyway as a new member i would like to welcome you to FHUK.

Oz

I am looking at both...I went to St Peter's at Worfield...no sign in the burial records or the churchyard...I have tried various other (online)burial sites but have drawn a line..especially Shropshire

Thanks TM :(

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Any ideas?
Hi TM,

Have you actually looked in the church burial records. Has the church a Vicar/Rector who could look at these for you.

I'm assuming that the records exists for 'your' church.

I made an appointment to see 'my' Vicar, and he gave me every member of my family that was buried there, and the plots. He did have a map of all the graves, including the overspill.

None of my rellies had headstones, but the plots were easily traced using other marked plots.

Steve.:)