• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

burslem parish records

libbygirlxxx

hi to all hope you are all well,i was wondering if anone knew weather there are any parish records for the town of burslem as yet again at a stand still with my millward side of the family and from what i an gather i think that was there local parish thanks
joxxx

libbygirlxxx

hiya julie,how are you.well its just my millward side i am still folllowing as i cant work things out from the census you sent me i was hoping some parish records could help im after edwin(edward) not to sure he married mary? and after all there children the only onei know for definate is william i think we narrowed him down to being born 1869,and i think he had a brother called slfred its just this side of my tree is driving me insane thanks honey
joe xxx

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Joe,

Found nothing on that site which would be of help. On the 1871 census there is a Edwin and Murtha Millward son Frederick age 1, now on the 1881 census there us a Edwin and Martha with children and Frederick age 11 so could be a mis transcription of forename. There also a William Millward living in the same street born Burslem his wife is called Mary.

The parish records are at Staffordshire records office.

Heres a link to Genuki.

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/STS/Burslem/index.html

libbygirlxxx

yes sweet you did i think this side of my family is just being a right pain in the neck feel like i just keep going in circles withthem as there surname spelling keeps changing then there d.o.b thats why its so hard but agin thanks for your help i will just have to save up after my wedding so as i can pay for things my self lol
joe xxx