• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Bustin Thomas 1861 Occupation decipher please

Hi Gwen it seems many(rootschat etc)have tried to look for the barge records but none seem to be available.
My guess is they still had to be recorded in the local parish?

Good story that.

Hi Gwen it seems many(rootschat etc)have tried to look for the barge records but none seem to be available.
My guess is they still had to be recorded in the local parish?

Good story that.

Hi Lee

Just got the book today by Mary Prior, Fisher Row, Fishermen, Bargemen & Canal Boatmen in Oxford 1500 - 1900 It has some family trees in it and lots of info, Only had a quick look so far but Looks Good !!!!:):):)

I think the records were in the parish of St Thomas.

Gwen :)

Hi,
I have now bought a book about the boatmen of Oxford, Titled ' Fisher Row'
If I have understood corectly then the boatmen would have served an appreniceship and become freemen, Does anyone have a copy of either Freemen's Apprenticeship Enrolments or Hanasters (ie Freemen's) Enrolements? I would like to know if the Thos Bustin, my ancestor, or any other members of the Bustin family are mentioned, Thank you. Gwen :)

Back