• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Can’t find....

juliejtp

Staff member
From
England
John Parsons born about 1791 Sancreed Cornwall In 1841. Not showing on the FS site. I have John and all the children in 1851 - event place Breage. John is a widower. If you can find them in 1841 with an address, also an address in 1851. I can’s find a suitable death for Jane. The only one is in Germoe 1846, residence Tresowas. This Jane Parsons age is 27, unless there’s been a mistake (Children born Germoe).

Thanks.

Wife Jane
Children - Thomas 1823
Margaret 1829
William 1831
Henry 1837
John 1839

Name: John Parsons
Birth Place: Sancreed
Military Year: 1809
Military Place: Cornwall, England
Unit or Occupation: 4th Roy. Cornwall Local Militia

Name: John Parsons
Baptism Date: 30 Jan 1791
Baptism Place: Sancreed,Cornwall,England
Father:
Robert Parsons
Mother:
Elizth.

I read the 1841 address Trewithen Common

Trewithen House is in Grampound, mid way between Truro and St Austell
I see there us also Trewithen Farm near Padstow

I have also seen Trewithen Common linked to Germoe when Googling

FreeCen transcribes 1851 as Calsluick, which appears to be somewhere near Breage.

Last edited:
According to the baptism records on Cornwall OPC site, the mother of William, 1831, and John, 1839, was Jennifer. Father confirmed as John Parsons, dairyman, of Boscreage, Germoe.

The burial records show the burial of a Jennifer Parsons, age 47, of Boscreage, on 20 Jan 1842.

I am unable to find a matching marriage

Last edited:
In 1851 Thomas Parsons, son, age 26, born Madron is with family.

From Cornwall OPC site.
Baptisms, Madron. Thomas, 1820. Caroline 1822, Thomas, 1823. Mary 1825. Parents John, labourer, Tregavarah, and Jane.
Is this part of the same family?

Burial Germoe. 4 Dec 1855. John Parsons, age 64, of Godolphin

Last edited:
In 1851 Thomas Parsons, son, age 26, born Madron is with family.

From Cornwall OPC site.
Baptisms, Madron. Thomas, 1820. Caroline 1822, Thomas, 1823. Mary 1825. Parents John, labourer, Tregavarah, and Jane.
Is this part of the same family?

Burial Germoe. 4 Dec 1855. John

It’s the same family.

William Parsons has the Middle name Bennetts. Some trees on Ancestry has mother Jane Tonkin, some Jane (Jennifer) Tonkin. I can’t find a death/burial for Jane Parsons nee Tonkin. It may be that she’s under the name of Jennifer.

I looked at the John Parsons/ Jane Tonkin marriage 1815 but thought it strange that the first known child was not born until 1820 followed by other children at regular intervals.

Total speculation!
A John and Jane Parsons had children Elizabeth, 1815, John 1817, and Jane 1819, at Sancreed. None before, none after. John shown as husbandman, miner and labourer.

Further speculation!
Going by her age at death, Jane/Jennifer Parsons was born circa 1795.
A Jane Tonkin was born 1795, St Just in Penwith. ( not too far from Madron).
I know, all too neat!

I cannot work out any connection to the Bennetts name

I've just turned up this.
Marriage. 9 Sep 1788 Madron. Robert Parsons/Elizabeth Bennetts. Widow and widower. Witness John TONKEN and Shilson Keates.

We already know John Parsons, born 1791. Son of Robert and Elizabeth.

Something rather peculiar!
Marriage. 26 Jan 1780. Madron. Robert Parsons/Catharine Pengelly.
Baptisms. 20 May 1782. Sancreed. Catharine.
11 April 1785. Paul. John
Burial. 13 April 1785. Madron. John (of Paul) infant.
15 Oct 1785. Madron. Catharine Parsons. (of Paul) - AGE 13!
(Possible baptism. Catharine Pengelly. 20 Oct 1762. St Martin by Looe)

Thats for looking BB. I did some time ago query the age of Catherine with Cornwall OPC. Robert and Elizabeth Parsons are my 4xgt grandparents. I’ve been going over somethings and wanted to clear them up. Catherine was Roberts 1st wife. They had 3 children one being Catherine, whom Robert Parsons was a witness to her marriage. Just one of their children I can’t account for. I put another post up regarding that. Getting back to Jane she’s probably one of the burials you posted, which one though?. William Bennetts Parsons died 1898 Fryerstown Victoria Australia. On his marriage one of the witnesses was Henry Parsons son of John and Jane. If someone can find bis death quoting his parents names, would be much appreciated.

Back