• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Can anyone find......

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Susan Cubbage born 1848 Maidstone Kent, parents Philip and Ann.
Last spotted on the 1851 census with family in Somerset after that Zilch.
Philip and Ann cant be found in 1861 and assuming they where in Islington there are some census images missing.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Looks like she has now been found.

I found a marriage for her sister Sophia and looking on the same index was a Susannah Cubbidge, she married a James Blackwell, so looked on the 1871 census give she is under Susan her pob Islington, so then onto the 1881 census her pob birth is given as Bath Somerset, this is where the family lived in 1841 and 1851. So now to look for another sister.

After yesterday coming up with nothing this took a couple of minutes to find :eek:

Karen Strother

Valued Member
Hi crankypants
you probably have this but -found her birth info - Folio 5 336, Jul-Aug-Sep 1848
Father born 1806 and died 1866
mother Ann Parker born 1811 and died 1874. Parents and her and siblings in many family trees but no more info that 1851 census. Sorry
Karen

Susan Cubbage born 1848 Maidstone Kent, parents Philip and Ann.
Last spotted on the 1851 census with family in Somerset after that Zilch.
Philip and Ann cant be found in 1861 and assuming they where in Islington there are some census images missing.

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Julie

I think a lot of the time when you ask for help on an elusive ancestor, all of a suden something about them turns up before people post replies. That is good though. :) :)

Ben

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hopefully this is third time lucky. Put a posting for Matilda Cubbage then deleted it as found her under Cubbige. Sophia Cubbage married William Gyland in Islington 1870, just awaiting for the marriage certificate to confirm she is the right one. I cannot find this couple, William only seems to exist in the marriage index, did find a William and Sophia Gotland (Golland) then they disappear, so if anyone can find my couple I will really appreciate it. Sophias year of birth is 1850 district Bath.

Thanks

:)

Last edited: