• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Can anyone help?

SuzanneW

Looking for a Scottish link!!

Looking for my Grandads parents (dont have contact with my fathers side of family, so unable to get any info!!! :'( )

My Grandad - Douglas Lister Robertson born in Pollockshields, Glasgow around 1910 - 1919

I think he had a sister (but not sure)

He later married a Doris Maude Bell in 1937 (Oct-Dec qtr) in Kensington (ohhh , how posh!!!), sadly my nan died in 1959 in Willesden, London before I was born (so again this makes things harder)

They had two son's - Brian Lister born - 10/7/1939 and John Charles born - 08/5/1942 (my dad).

I am an only child, my birth parents are divorced, and my mum passed away 8 years ago, so my almanac has disappeared (so inconsiderate - only joking)

So any help, would be so gratefully received, apparently there are family rumours that we are related to Lord Joseph Lister - but where, when or how I haven't managed to work that one out yet????

Thank you to anyone who is brave enough.:2fun: :D

SuzanneW

Re: Robertson - can anyone help?

Just a quick thank you to all of you who have taken the time to read this request for help in the Highlands!!!!!

I will have a look on the Scottish sites and see if I can unearth anything.

Thanks again