• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Canadian census look-up please

jjuk

From
England
Trying to trace Henry Green arrived canada July 1911 on the SS Megantic. On manifest states his destination as Paris Ontario. He was a Steel Turner Worker. He may have travelled out with the Salvation Army to work in [The Naughty Boys place] :2fun: This was appaently what he told his younger brother before he left England. At some point he went to Chicago - but have no idea when, he died in Chicago 1955. He was born 1887 Birmingham England

Any help would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
Looking at the 1930 US census there is a Henry Green born c1888, England in Cook Illinois. It says he immigrated to the US in 1919. Henrys occupation was machine operator in a Lilograph?? factory. Its stated he was single and was a boarder in the household.

1930; Census Place: Chicago, Cook, Illinois; Roll 483; Page: 16A; Enumeration District: 1548; Image: 442.0.

Thank you for that info. It seems to match with what info I have about him. I have not been able to find anything of him in Canada. I beleive now that he returned to England in 1915 as both his parents died on same day. Perhaps he stayed here until after the war - 1918???. Cannot find him him Birmingham after 1911 census, as I don't have access to any information.
Thanks again for your help - it's appreciated :)

UK Incoming Passenger Lists, 1878-1960

Henry Green
Birth Date: abt 1888
Machinist
Port of Departure: Quebec, Canada
Arrival Date: 15 Aug 1914
Port of Arrival: Liverpool, England
Ship Name: Empress of Britain

1920;Census Place: Flint Ward 5, Genesee, Michigan; Roll T625_765; Page: 9A; Enumeration District: 53; Image: 1125.

Henry is a toolmaker in an automobile shop, lodging in a house with lots of other people.

How do you do that :confused:
That's fantastic. I have 3 relatives in their 90's trying to supply me with info about someone they never met & heard little about. One said he came back because of the war.
Very grateful for your help on this.

1920;Census Place: Flint Ward 5, Genesee, Michigan; Roll T625_765; Page: 9A; Enumeration District: 53; Image: 1125.

Henry is a toolmaker in an automobile shop, lodging in a house with lots of other people.

Thank you so much. Looks as if he went to USA rather than Canada on his return dosen't it?

Thanks again Jean

Back