• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Cannot locate date of death for James Ferguson St Pancras London

BJW

I have traced my family back as far as James Ferguson. I cannot locate a date of death. Married in St Pancras to Mary Ann. Had a son William Henry in July 1830. James is listed as 'Seaman' on Williams birth registry. I have encountered many dead ends (no pun intended). Wondering if he was one of those buried at St Pancras but the gravestone and record was lost when the cemetery was dug up to make way for the railway. Have found a James Ferguson who died on the Dreadnought in the Thames but it is inconclusive. Have also looked a burial at sea but no name listed. Apparently there may have been areas of paupers graves in London where people may not have been listed?