• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Can't save census records

duckweed

Loyal Member
I have a contract with Ancestry and as usual have taken option to save census records to computer but nothing shows up. Tried printing it off and that just says error. What's going on. The last time it saved one and printed others but so small I can't read them.

dont know , ive had the same problem the other day wouldnt let me print off some stuff, then when it did it took ages.also it keeps telling me to download the new viewer for documents , have tried loads but its a no go. my daughter whos a computer geek tried but still wouldnt download, drives ya nuts . what are we paying our money for i say. suex

dont know , ive had the same problem the other day wouldnt let me print off some stuff, then when it did it took ages.also it keeps telling me to download the new viewer for documents , have tried loads but its a no go. my daughter whos a computer geek tried but still wouldnt download, drives ya nuts . what are we paying our money for i say. suex
I've tried to download it too, same thing.

Oz

nainmaddie

Loyal Member
Hi All

I do not belong to your site. Mine begins with G.!!!!

I can save census and other records. Sometimes I have a list of say John Jones in say 1851 and I can print them out if I am helping someone else. My memory is not as good as it was and this way I can take a look and see which one fits the bill.

You pays your money and take the choice !!! Swings and roundabouts !

Maddie

:) I had the same problem and no matter what I did I couldn't resolve it. In the end I bought a usb stick and I save all my ancestry stuff to that, it works a treat:biggrin:

Hope that helps?

Madmummy:D

ptjw7

Loyal Member
I havent tried the census records from An.....y before so thought I would try.
If you follow the site recommendations that is if you can finally get the image(just how many times do you ahve to say no I dont want your imager)
I managed to get the image saved in my pictures in a test directory.
I then looked at the image, but very low resolution image.
Tried again at 100% still not that good an image.
Tried 150% and got an acceptable image a lot bigger in size.
In my opinion the ones at 100% are usable if the original is of good quality but if you are trying to decipher something then the highest resolution would be better.
So to get the image just right click and save to where you want it placed.

peter