• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Can't see for looking.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Earlier today I was doing a bit of research(what else), I heard the dogs barking outside so I went to see who or what they were barking at. Turned out to be the Postman.
Anyway, I came back in to carry on where I had left off, and my eyes were still adjusting themselves from the sunshine outside.
I put on my reading glasses and looked at the computer screen only to find it was totally out of focus. So I started messing with the screen settings to try and rectify the problem.
After fiddling about for half an hour I could not improve it. By this time a little bit of pc rage set in.
Went and made a cuppa, came back totally in control once again. Noticed that the computer screen was perfect.
Great, I thought. Sat down to continue working, put on my glasses and the screen went blurry again. AAAGGHHH.
Then it dawned on me as I slurped a big mouthfull of calming tea. Only one lense of my glasses steamed up from the tea.

And yes, one of the lenses had dropped out when I took them off to see what the dogs were up to.
What an idiot.redf) redf)

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Newsflash

New glasses installed on face. Whoooooah, it's a different world. Have more of a chance seeing what I'm searching for.
I'm still laughing at myself, I hope you enjoy laughing with me. No fun laughing alone.
The dogs think I'm demented, they could be right. Dogs have been banished to the settee, don't you just hate it when they give that all knowing look.

Steve.:2fun: :2fun: :2fun:

pee wee

Hi steve,

:2fun: you did give me a chuckle. Nice to know someone else has problems like me. TRy dropping a lense while your driving & still trying to see what your doing while you try to get off the road. redf)
then put your foot on the lense because your in such a hurry to find it.

Peta

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
welcome to the club!!!!!!!
what is also bad is to push the glasses up on your head then can not find them. best of luck
charles
Yes, and the three pencils that you put behind your ear re-emerge.:2fun: :2fun:
In the past I had 2 pencils behind one ear, and another behing the other. AND NO, my ears aren't really that big.:)

Steve.:)