• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

caroline lillie towner

nicola08

i'm looking for information on caroline lillie towner born 1800 barcombe sussex. her parents are william towner born 1783 seaford sussex and phoebe white born 1780 sussex. i know caroline married john trigwell in 1818. when did she die? did she have any children?

please help
thanks
nicola

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello Nicola,

It's possible a son was Leonard born 1819 Ringmer, Sussex but i have no confirmation. I can see nothing on the Sussex OPC site.

and his death on 10 Aug 1858:

Deaths Sep 1858
Trigwell Leonard Lewes 2b 89

I can find no death for Caroline. It's possible she died early if there was only one child. There may be more but I can only find reference to one so far.

Regards,

Dave

oznannie

Loyal Member
Hi Nicola
Not direct line for your family but related somehow?
Charlotte Trigwell in 1871 census wid bn Ringmer 1815
I'm listing this because she has a granddghtr aged 3yrs
Charlotte Caroline Trigwell
1851 has Charlotte snr married to Leonard bn 1821 Ringmer.

I hope this helps some

ozn

Caroline's husband John TRIGWELL is a very well recorded Ringmer figure, right up to his transportation for theft (chickens and rabbits from the Green Man Inn) in 1837. His transportation record also survives, and shows he continued there in much the same vein as in Ringmer. Very detailed biog available. Physical description, loads and loads of detailed info about him, and a little about Caroline.

Marrying John TRIGWELL may perhaps not have been the smartest move Caroline TOWNER ever made.

John & Caroline TRIGWELL had two sons, Leonard & William. Both also fell foul of the law as lads. One at least nearly joined him in the hulks. Both however remained in Ringmer, proliferated. There are living descendants of John & Caroline still in Ringmer, and members of the Ringmer History Study Group. John TRIGWELL is a regular in the Ringmer History Newsletter. Newspaper reports of the road traffic accident that led to Leonard's premature death.

The TRIGWELL family arrived in Ringmer early in the 18th century and most Sussex TRIGWELLs link to the family.

Detailed info far too much to post here. Contact via www.ringmer.info or EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS.

Last edited by a moderator: