• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

cavthecat

Hi All,I'm new to all this,getting on in years (a little)ha ha,would like to find out family history for the grandkids of which I hav 4 (so far).The surname is Cavill.I'm from The Rhondda Valleys.Als would like to surprise the Missus with as much of her Family History as poss,for her Mother.Evans,not many of them in Wales ,piece of cake :biggrin:

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

Welcome to the forums.

This is a brilliant site and there are many helpful people on here.

I have noticed that many Welsh surnames are the commonest in the UK. You get a John Williams marrying a Mary Jones whose parents were John Jones and Mary Williams. Very likely that you will find several occurences of the same name in your Welsh lines.

Ben

sterico

Loyal Member
Hi cavthecat and welcome to the FHUK forums.
[/Hi All,I'm new to all this,getting on in years QUOTE]
you are never to old to find out about your ancestors
would like to find out family history for the grandkids of which I hav 4 (so far).
that would be a lovely gift for your grandchildren
Als would like to surprise the Missus with as much of her Family History as poss,for her Mother.

and a lovely gift for your wife also :)
Ok, all you need to do is post your questions on the appropriate forums, with as much information that you do have, and we will do as best we can to find you the answers,
remember to start with your name and your wifes and then work backwards. Talk to other members of the families as this can be a good source of history information, remember it is just like a jigsaw puzzle little bits of information that eventually make a picture.
We wish you every success in your research and we hope you have fun with our forums.
Best regards StericoO0 helpusall