• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Census lookup please

Website
kimbo1959.tribalpages.com
Hi all

I am trying to find the location of where my great grandparents came from so that I can try to find them on the 1851 & 41 census with their parents and siblings if any.

They are
George Lewis bn c1834 he is down on the 71 & 81 census as Rochester & Peckham Kent
Ann Lewis bn c1839 just says Devonshire, single name Venner
they are married at this time.

So I am hoping their location of where they are from are on this census so it gives me an idea of where to look on the 51 & 41 census.

I would like to thank you for your time and trouble
Many thanks
Kim

O0

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Will try again with the 1861 census, but found this Ann Venner on the 1841 census.

Civil parish Barnstable
County Devonshire

James Venner age 45 occ cabinet m
Ann Venner age 45
john Venner age 15 occ ap
Mary Venner age 13
Ann Venner age 11
James Venner age 7
William Venner age 5

All born in county
Henry Venner age 2

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Found this marriage for a George Lewis

Year 1859
District Poplar
Oct/Nov/Dec 1/4
Vol 1c
Page 1147

A Ann Venner is also listed.

The page and vol number seem to match the marriage index but will need to be checked out.

Website
kimbo1959.tribalpages.com
Hi Julie

Thank you very much for that much appreciated, I had already sent for the marriage cert but am still waiting so I may have to wait to see who there fathers are on there as you say.

I would be grateful if you could look on the 1861 census for me at least they are married for this one they might have others with them hopefully.

Once again thank you very much for your time,
Regards
Kim
O0