• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Charles Fletcher 1775 to 1842

Hi All as you will know if you have read or helped on my posts over the last few years I have been researching my 6th grandfather & his occupation Tobias Fletcher born Leeds Holbeck 1751 died Barnsley 1811, I have found 9 children in total with my 5th grandfather Tobias 1782 & his brother Thomas 1780 Barnsley also both clockmakers but the other day I had a conversation with a lady about a Will left by Tobias in 1811 that mentioned a possible son that I did not know about who was also a clockmaker, I have found a baptism for a Charles Fletcher baptized Cathedral Saint Peter, Sheffield, York, England 24 Feb 1775 father Tobias Fletcher and there also happens to be a Charles Fletcher born 1775 died 1842 buried in Barnsley's St Mary The Virgin occupation in burial record watchmaker, does anyone think these 2 records could be for the same person even though his baptism was in my home town of Sheffield, anyone fancy double checking for me please let me know.
P.S this is a link to the burial record.
http://www.gravestonephotos.com/pub...Charlotte Fletcher&grave=405507&scrwidth=1600

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C FHUK General Chat Room 4
DaveHam9 Deaths 46
C WW1 Ancestry 1
DaveHam9 Deaths 18
DaveHam9 English Genealogy Roots 18
B Travel and Migration 28