• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Charles Lewis WILTON

RickW

Website
amateurgolfnet.co.uk
I have been looking for a Birth or Baptism record for Charles Wilton, born about 1834, for some time. I have a number of records for him but simply cannot locate his birth or baptism.

I have him on a number of Census records from 1861 onwards and have his marriage to Ann Foulder KENT in 1854 but before this I have nothing, below is his marriage details which may help, any advice on where to go next would be appreciated.

Marriage solemnized at St. Thomas in the Parish of Stepney on 24th Septemeber 1854

Charles Lewis Wilton - Bricklayer - Father: William Wilton (Builder)
Ann Foulder Kent - Father: William Kent (General Dealer)

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi,

Have you found anything on William Wilton. There is a baptism for Charles Lewis Welton - birth 6 Dec 1833/christened 29 Dec 1833 - St Mathew Bethnal Green. Father is James and mother Sophia. I see that Ann's father is also William. Could be that William was entered incorrectly for his father. Maybe worth locating James and Sophia on the census if only to discount them.