• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Charles R Hardy and wife

AthenaLou

Hi all
i got yet another brick wall !! arghhhhhhh

Charles R Hardy b abt 1865 according to 1901 census in Mile End, Loindon
and also his wife
Ada Roberts b abt 1875 in Jules Heal, Newcastle

cannot find a likely birth entry for Charles......and cannot find anything at all for Ada to common a name i think

cannot find either of them on any other census return as i was hoping to find them with their parents going by other census returns......places of birth tend to change somewhat.....this may have given me a 'clearer' idea of where they were born.....cant find their marriage entry either

They moved around Bermondsey, Deptford and Greenwich 1901 census has them at 31 Ambrose St, Bermondsey......other than that i cant find them

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Arhhhhh from me as well.

Have you considered the Robert Harvey born abt 1866 Bethnal Green living in the civil parish of Mile End.

Class RG10
Piece 567
Folio 91
Page 23

AthenaLou

hiya Julie
that robert harvey i couldnt find it and i put the piece/folio/page number in as well couldnt find any in mile end

we have 2 of his childrens birth certs and both say Charles Richard Hardy as the father....house painter/builder

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi AthenaLou

Have you searched Charles's marriage cert to Ada Roberts under spelling variants like Hardey or Harvey? The fathers name and occupation will help if you can find a marriage.

Ben

AthenaLou

Hi

cannot find a marriage for Charles Hardy and Ada Roberts........apparently there was a suspicion thru the family that they werent married anyway.....just to makes things all so easier....not! lol

Ath