• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Charlotte Ryalls Born 1894 Bishops House

duckweed

Loyal Member
I am trying to get more background on Ryalls family. Fathers name Henry known as Harry, assistant Park Keeper lived at Bishops House almost from when Park opened in 1886. Mother lived with him for a while. Wife's name Lucy think maiden name Behan. They had 5 children but only 2 survived Charlotte and John. Charlotte went into service as a kitchen maid at Norton Vicarage and John became a bricklayer. I have photo of family round about 1900s of 3 children. Think missing one may have been called Lucy and died round about 1901.

Don't know much about the other children who are marked as died in 1911 census. Someone reckoned there was another 2 but think they may be confused with Johns children. He and his wife had twins at Bishops House but they only lived a few days. However Vicar says there are 7 deaths marked in Norton burial records and twins were not buried at Norton churchyard.

So any help on filling the gaps would be grateful. I am working on project re my research into women living or born in Bishops House, and realised my biography of Charlotte and family is a little thin.