• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Charlotte Wright 1886 Gedney Lincolnshire

Im looking for info on
CHARLOTTE WRIGHT Born 1886 in Gedney Lincolnshire
Parents were
MARY J RICHARDSON 1863-1929
GEORGE WRIGHT 1858-1887

Charlotte gave birth at a young age to a son
GORDON MIMMACK WRIGHT 1902 in the workhouse in Holbeach, my Great Grandfather
in 1911 Gordon is listed as living with his grandmother and her 2nd husband JOHN WILLIAM CAPES 1860-1909 where he remained untill marrying.

I have no info of Charlotte after the birth of Gordon but 1911 her mother is looking after a grand daughter Patty

I would be greatful if anyone could help

Hi
the latest census I have seen gives Charlottes mother Mary J living with children from her 2nd marriage plus Gordon and Patty.
Mary's 2nd husband died 1909

CAPES, Mary Widow 50 Fleet Lincs
CAPES, Harry Son 16 Ag Lab Holbeach Lincs
CAPES, Ernest 12 Scholar Holbeach Lincs
CAPES, Edward 7 Holbeach Lincs
WRIGHT, Gordon Gson 8 Holbeach Lincs
WRIGHT, Patty Gdau 5 Holbeach Lincs
BATES, William Lodger 37 Bricklayer

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Wondering who little Patty belongs to? What does Patty stand for? (Patricia, Patience). No birth registration that fits unless she wasnt born in Holbeach. Seeing that Patty I would think is a nickname, there is a Charlotte Wright born 1905, district Holbeach.

I know all this info and yes we think that george was gordons father because of the name Mimmack but she never went on to marry him. He married later in life after his mother passed. There are 2 marriages for Charlotte Wright one to a Arthur Johnson 1925 and one to Charles Syrett. Im thinking the Johnson couold be Patty. The one that married Syrett died in 1919 and there is a birth at the same time so im thinking thats how she died but are these even my Charlotte?? This has been a brick wall for over 5 years now lol. G Grandad never had much to do with his mum at all and was brought up with the Capes children in the family. My Great Aunt is still alive and the family rumour was that Gordon was born to a tramp! And that his grand mother brought him up. She never meet Charlotte, she was never spoken of in fact she thought Gordon was an orphan untill I started to trace the family.
It still remains a bit of a mystery. Think Charlotte could have been a colourful character.

Thought I'd just throw this one in..

According to Penguin's book of christian names..
Patty is a diminutive of Patricia and also Martha having originated as rhyming variants of Mattie

There is a birth for Martha Wright, Jun qtr 1906 Holbeach ref 7a 413

dave