• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Cheers, All. Another Newbie ... kinda CLARK(E) HATTON DELANEY TIERNEY

Hello:

Just a couple of words.

I'm an Aussie but living in the USA, and have been trying to break down a couple of serious brick walls for quite a few years. My maternal family history CAMPBELL/LOSS/SCHULTZ etc is well taken care of by a fastidious cousin. But my paternal history CLARKE/CLARK/DELANEY/HATTON etc is quite pathetic.

I have very good 'certified' info on my CLARKE family in Australia, and I know when my GGF Richard CLARK(E) stepped off the ship in Moreton Bay, (then NSW now QLD) from the UK in Feb 1857. I know when he married, lived, died, etc etc. But his UK history is missing. Basically, the most we have from him is in various forms such as wedding certificate (mother=Eliza HANCOCK Father =John CLARK) and that from various notes by him he was "born Cambridge and educated there, worked on the railways". It seems by 1856, his mother was dead, and his father's whereabout's unknown. Of course, his father's name may also have been unknown!!! .... But try as I might, I cannot lock down a birth, baptism, death of mother, etc to track his history a little further.

I have paid "experts", who have basically sent me a map of England, some generic flim flam words, and a list of reasons why it is hard to find him. I started this in 1979 when my father died - so I knew the part about it being hard. :)))

Anyway, here I am. Maybe some kind and generous soul has the entire history of him in hard cover book form already. I'll trade it for photographs of him and his wife, and his headstone, will etc - at least I have those ...

Cheers, Colin

---

sterico

Loyal Member
Hi Colin and welcome to the FHUK forums.
I'm an Aussie but living in the USA, and have been trying to break down a couple of serious brick walls for quite a few years
yes we all have brick walls that are stubborn.

My maternal family history CAMPBELL/LOSS/SCHULTZ etc is well taken care of by a fastidious cousin.
thats great it is a big help when a family member has done some of the work for you :)
I have very good 'certified' info on my CLARKE family in Australia, and I know when my GGF Richard CLARK(E) stepped off the ship in Moreton Bay, (then NSW now QLD) from the UK in Feb 1857. I know when he married, lived, died, etc etc.
wow you are well on the way with your research
But his UK history is missing. Basically, the most we have from him is in various forms such as wedding certificate (mother=Eliza HANCOCK Father =John CLARK) and that from various notes by him he was "born Cambridge and educated there, worked on the railways". It seems by 1856, his mother was dead, and his father's whereabout's unknown. Of course, his father's name may also have been unknown!!! .... But try as I might, I cannot lock down a birth, baptism, death of mother, etc to track his history a little further.
. O.k i would suggest you take each piece of the information one piece at a time like, where was he married, was he married in a church? if so which one etc, then post each part you do not have the full information of ,on the appropriate forum and our friendly members will do their best to help you, if you do it this way it wont become so confusing and eventually we will be able to break down some of your walls. Again welcome, and we hope you will enjoy your time with us here at the FHUK forums. Best regards to you Colin

StericoO0