• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Child Support

From
Canada
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and I think my question is a bit odd for this site. I'm hoping somebody could help me:)

My uncle was born in Slough out of wedlock and we recently discovered my grandmother took his father to court and sued him for child support. Does anyone know how I could get my hands on the court records (I live in Canada). We are hoping his father might still be alive and that he would be able to trace his father's side.

Thank you.

Cheerio,
Maureen:)

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and I think my question is a bit odd for this site. I'm hoping somebody could help me:)

My uncle was born in Slough out of wedlock and we recently discovered my grandmother took his father to court and sued him for child support. Does anyone know how I could get my hands on the court records (I live in Canada). We are hoping his father might still be alive and that he would be able to trace his father's side.

Thank you.

Cheerio,
Maureen:)

I should add that she successfully sued him for child support and he paid until my uncle was 16 years old.

I've been checking out Lillian Lucy Lambert, and traced her family back to 1841. Sorry to say I cannot find a link to my Norfolk or Yorkshire families

Checked out her husband George F.W.J Cowles' line also.

I presume your uncle is a Curtis or Cowles, but without more info, I can't identify him.
I presume the court case was in Slough. If you know this, you could email them to ask how you can get a copy of the record. It may even be on line, so if you have not already done so, you could google London Gazette and British newspapers.

http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/
http://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/

You could also check www.192.com if you know his name and address.

dave

Last edited:
Back